Monday, December 27, 2010

New Winter Gear/Goodies from a Great New Outdoor Company

A Warm Tush is a Happy Tush
and
has made my tush very happy
I recently got some great winter goodies
from this wonderful new online outdoor gear company.

I stumbled upon Sheepleg while I was on Facebook
and saw one of those little suggestion thingies on the side of my homepage.
I thought the logo was adorable and clicked on it out of curiosity and I'm glad I did.
I checked out their website and loved what I saw.
I also love
Not only do they carry an excellent assortment of gear, they are actually active, outdoors people who get outside and use outdoor gear for real!

To top it off
they're all about giving back which can only make you feel even better when you make a purchase since you'll know that a portion of every sale will go to a charity.

Here are a few of the goodies
that have been helping me avoid the winter chill.

The Top
(I'll post full-length pics of it in another post)
is a Smartwool "NEXT-TO-SKIN" base-layer called
The Women's Microweight Zip T
Its super soft, super warm, and pretty darned cute.
If you wanna get me one (or two or three) more, I'm a Small.
Thanks
: )
The Bottoms
are another "NEXT-TO-SKIN" base-layer
Women's Microweight Hipster
(also a small)
With the itch-factor reputation of wool,
I was a little concerend about woolen undies
no one wants to mess with itchy girlie bits!

I'm also always super concerned about sizing when ordering on line
I'm a super tactile person and I'm always concerned about getting the right size for bottoms
since I happen to pack a curvy booty for a 5'2" gal.
The gentleman I spoke with on the phone was super helpful
and decided on a small
I think he made a great choice!
: )
These left me with nothing to worry about. They were soft and absolutely not itchy. Fit very nicely and didnt ride up during the day. Understand, I have only worn them solo or with a little hiking skirt. I'm not certain about the comfort factor if I were to wear them with pants and am not exactly tempted to do so anytime soon. I will try them on a more intense hike to really put the seams around the thighs to the test and let y'all know how that goes.
In the meantime
I'll keep enjoying them for lounging, sleeping, and short-hiking-skirt-wearing
I'll take more in black.
Thanks
: )

I also got some incredibly snuggly
and a mighty fine
that I cannot wait to take for a test ride!

Nothing beats putting your feet up
after decorating a Christmas Tree on a chilly SoCal day

: )
I kick up my heels for cozy socks
and great small businesses that actually use the gear they sell!
Check 'em out!

Happy Holidays Everyone!
: )

 






No comments:

Post a Comment