Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where's Melissa Adylia Calasanz of Controlled Burn Fitness?


Where Did She Go?
Good Question

Hello there,
This is Melissa Adylia Calasanz of Controlled Burn Fitness. I’m still here. I’m still working hard. I have not forgotten about all my wonderfully inspiring and hard working clients. In fact, I think of y’all daily.
I had put off going back to school because the success of my business, and the love for my clients, demanded too much of my time. Fortunately, when the business suffered a fire (yes, I said “fortunately”), and had to be closed in May 2011, I finally had the opportunity to put my business and the majority of my clients on hold, and head back to school full time.
I am currently enrolled in the Saint Mary’s of California LEAP Program, as well as enrolled at Glendale Community College, completing a Dance Teaching Certificate and working with my amazing professor, Dora Krannig, on an independent study research project. I am getting ready to begin my last face-to-face Saint Mary’s class on Monday, May 20th. I am also rounding out my research project with Dora at GCC in preparation for an internship (hopefully at USC), which will combine my health and fitness expertise, my dance training and experience as a professional dancer, and my passion for helping people attain and maintain healthy balanced and functional bodies, as I consider pursuing a Masters in Gerontology.
Please keep in touch with me on Facebook and check in to the ControlledBurn Fitness Facebook page to keep up to date on any events, classes, and workshops I will be holding in the near future.
Also, if you happen to be age 55 or older, please take a moment to fill out This Survey. Your answers will be very helpful in assisting me with the work I am doing on a research project that focuses on raising the standards of group fitness classes offered for active adults, age 55+. By completing the survey, and including all your contact information, you will be eligible to participate in upcoming 6am group classes that will be held on Wednesday mornings in Glendale, CA, FREE of charge* (Valued at $25 per class).*Restrictions apply. 
If you have any questions, or would like to book at 6am Personal Training Session, Private Group Fitness Class or Workshop for 1-5 participants, please leave a message on the Controlled Burn Fitness Facebook page, and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.
It would be great to hear from you!
Wishing y’all a Happy and Healthy Day!
of

Hard work, a little discomfort, humbling realizations of weakness...Must remember it will all be worth it. Move your body, exercise your mind, challenge yourself and thank the people who support you.





No comments:

Post a Comment