Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How do you care for your spine?

Last week, someone asked "How do you care for your spine?"
 


My Answer
I take care of my ENTIRE body!

When considering my spine, I have to consider every part of my body…it’s all connected.
I maintain a balanced body. A body that is strong, flexible, articulate, and functional.
Standing Core and flexibility is attended to on a daily basis.
I utilize Ballet, Yoga, and Pilates based techniques and use sports specific training depending on what my body has been asked to endure.
I perform Slow and controlled SMR at least 3 times a week.
I get massages when possible.
Visit my chiropractor after intense hill training/runs and long days in my kayak.
I keep my body hydrated.
I fuel my body with nutritious and delicious food.
I never take it for granted that my body is the sum of all its parts.
To have a healthy spine, I have to maintain a healthy body.
: )

How do YOU care for YOUR Spine?




-Melissa Adylia Gutierrez
Owner/Personal Trainer
Controlled Burn Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment